Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reflection.

Last year at this time,

I was still nursing a broken heart. I felt alone, in the crowded-room-with-no-one-to-talk-to way. The cold was still unbearable, I spent my breaks doing solitary things as I pushed everyone away. I had no idea what to do with my future. My self esteem was going fast. I had just gotten braces. I still wore glasses. I felt younger than I really was, and the bleak, gray sky had taken my joy with it.

This year, I'm different.

I don't want a boyfriend. My father has made me complete with His love and healing hands, and I'm content to wait until He brings the right boy, and I know that He will speak wisdom into my heart. I feel content to be alone, but I also have a solid group of friends that I tell everything to, and who support me. The cold is growing on me. I plan on going to a lovely college on top of a mountain, I can learn design among sparkling snow. I am confident and I love who God made me to be. I still have braces, and I wear contacts, but really, what is so important about that? I've grown into my skin, my age, my being. The sky is more blue than not for me now, and I have found true joy in my Creator.

I still have miles left to go, but instead of trudging along in life, I'm running. When I can't make it, He carries me until He knows that I have strength. And when I run, He is still holding my hand like the faithful Father that He is.

I'm not making new years resolutions; I'm making commitments. To trust God, to be myself, to take care of myself, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. To carpe diem and make the best out of the life that I've been given, to study and try my hardest.

I cannot wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment