Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I have spent the majority of this holiday season

drinking coffee, eating, wearing scarves and sweaters, and relating.

And it's been pretty sucessful, I'd say!

I've tried all the Starbuck's holiday drinks, and a few lovely drinks from Caribou Coffee. Multiple one on one coffee dates = getting to know people better. Which is a blessing in itself, considering how far I've come since just last year.

I think my last post sums up the eating nicely.

Scarves and sweaters are a must for the cold weather, and snuggling by the fire. Not to mention, I have over twenty scarves and have one for every mood and event. It's pretty legit.

Relating is where this post  gains some meaning. As I've said before, with college just around the corner, my family has gotten so much more important to me. My dad's patience, my mom's jokes, my brother's architectural mind, and my sister's preteen fascination with Disney and puppies. So many things are going to change next year, and I tried to make the memories memorable. As for my friends, the select few that I feel closest with are the ones I chose to give my time, and it was not in vain. They have truly become my support, and I can honestly say that they know the true me  - a scary and humbling fact.

The two and a half weeks for break were not ill used, despite how shallow the way I spent my time may seem on the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment