Monday, January 3, 2011

Recently,

my family has started meaning more and more to me.

For the first Christmas in a long time, all I wanted to do was hang around the house with my parents and brother and sister and grandma and enjoy the holiday. Usually, the urge to escape drowns out all other desires, but this time, the house got cozier as the days went on. My dad made breakfast Christmas morning, my mom took pictures, my brother got Legos and my sister clothes, and my grandma gave us her famous presents. These are memories that I am going to cherish, because I actually took time to enjoy them.

Yes, my family does grate on my last nerve at times. Yes I did hang out with friends. And yes, I'm not always fun to be around, especially in the morning. But this season is a time to slow down and reflect, to see what's right in front of you and enjoy it. The holiday specials on tv are great and all, but they can never replace each unique memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment