Thursday, August 26, 2010

Autumn is on it's way.

My favorite season, without a doubt.

This morning, a heaviness from the air was lifted; a faint chill played on my skin as the wind whispered by, echos of chillier weather making themselves known.

I can see the indecision in the trees, as they decide whether or not to keep the world green for a day or month more.

Football games will start, I can break out my boots and long cardigans.

Soon the two way roads will be covered with a symphony of hues - red, gold, yellow, sunrise orange. the leaves will reflect the sunlight as it filters through.

Nights curled up on my window seat, chai tea or coffee and a book in hand will become habit, as will warm fireplaces and comfort food, spiced pies, pumpkins.

Holidays and sweet smells. sharp pine, tangy peppermint and warm cinnamon.

It’s the time when the world renews itself, playing its true colors for just a short while.

I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment