Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I miss you.

I miss it when you would hug me spontaneously and never let me go. I miss it when I would be rambling and then stop, and you’d be looking at me… not like I was stupid, but that I was the smartest girl in the world. I miss it when you’d walk me to my car in the rain. I miss it when we kissed for the first time. I miss your arm around me. I miss you playing with my hair during movies. I miss exploring the town with you in the middle of the night, with unlimited coffee and music and conversation. I miss silences where words failed. I miss it when we had a picnic under autumn trees at sunset. I miss it when everyone first found out we were together and couldn’t stop telling me how cute a couple we were. I miss it when I wore sweatpants and you told me I was beautiful. I miss our romance. I miss it when you held me in your strong arms and told me everything was going to be okay, and it was.

I miss you.

…or was this all a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment